Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruceploitation Face Kick!

Forgot to mention some info regarding the VCI blu ray releases -- well, not sure if I should post it but guess it's okay but I'll leave it as 'spoilers' since it's still all up in the air but it's more than just conjecture since I heard it from the horse's mouth. so highlight the text to see the info pertaining to the VCI BD releases.

**I heard that in addition to these single BD releases, VCI will be putting all of them together in a box set with the added incentive of an extra movie in the set. So it will contain the 5 or 6 single BD Brucesploitation releases + 1 more BD which will be a rare or hard to track down title. So I think I will hold out to see if that box set comes to fruition instead of purchasing these single titles. **
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Interesting news, regarding The Clones of Bruce Lee I hope it comes to fruition, it one of the more crazier and delirious brucesploitation films ever made.

Pre-order link and cover art.

"Now for the first time ever released in Widescreen High Definition and produced from a new 2K scan from the 35mm original negative. If you are a fan of the master, Bruce Lee, and other Bruceploitation films, then this deluxe Blu-ray + DVD combo is a must for your film collection! After malicious gangsters capture Bruce Lee's ex-girlfriend, a young martial artist attempts to rescue her - and the late master's book containing lethal techniques for killing with one's fingers. Plenty of Kung-fu action and mayhem including a particularly gruesome scene involving the torture of a girl with a deadly snake! Bonus features include: Photo and poster gallery of Bruce's Deadly Fingers, and other 'Bruceploitation films'., Original Theatrical Trailer in HD!, Commentary track by Michael Worth - author, director, actor, and expert on Bruce Lee, and 'Bruceploitation films' !, Video interviews with some of the players., High-def transfers of several other 'Bruceploitation films' Theatrical Trailers"

Coming 3/27/18.

Name:  81UwS6+59PL._SX425_.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  69.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I think another one that VCI will release is Lo Chi's THE DRAGON LIVES AGAIN since MW mentioned he did track down the 35mm print and wants to see it restored.

Another one that could be in the works is BRUCE LE'S GREATEST REVENGE aka WAY OF THE DRAGON 2. Whether or not this eventually gets a blu ray release from VCI is up in the air but at least it's a possibility.

I really hope he finds another company than VCI to work with.

I just want more of these films restored, incredible state some of those prints are in and I feel if no one gives these any attention they will be lost forever. There was a boutique label that was mentioned in the Clones of Bruce Lee podcast, it was said they will be resorting various kung-fu films in 2k, Anyone have any idea what label that is?

Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    Another one that could be in the works is BRUCE LE'S GREATEST REVENGE aka WAY OF THE DRAGON 2. Whether or not this eventually gets a blu ray release from VCI is up in the air but at least it's a possibility.
    This is actually my Favorite Brucesploitation film. I owned the VHS in the 80's and probably watched that film over 50 times. Would love a Blu-ray of that, I see the film print that was scanned has gone pink :O

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Meteor View Post
    I really hope he finds another company than VCI to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
    I just want more of these films restored, incredible state some of those prints are in and I feel if no one gives these any attention they will be lost forever. There was a boutique label that was mentioned in the Clones of Bruce Lee podcast, it was said they will be resorting various kung-fu films in 2k, Anyone have any idea what label that is?
    No idea about the "boutique" label? Can you give me the time stamps on that podcast where he mentions it? I'm interested in finding out myself. I know MW has a deal with VCI to release his future Brucesploitation restorations but don't know if that's the "boutique" label he's talking about? VCI certainly has its share of detractors and rightfully so as Killer Meteor alluded to; they have a real shoddy record of authoring and encoding blu rays. I can only surmise that guess beggars can't be choosers and this sub-genre of Brucesploitation is already a very niche market with limited interest from the general buying public, so it is what it is.

Perhaps Zinemaxploitation?