Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Toho to Produce New Godzilla Movie - Shin Godzilla

I got the Funimation release of this. The one thing that really annoyed me was that when watched with English subtitles on, every character who speaks is identified. And as has been commented on, there is a lot of talking in this, with numerous characters having a speaking role. Even if it is just one line, the name of that character will appear on the screen. In addition, every time characters are moving about (for example, walking down a corridor), the subs tell you their location, like what sector of the facility they are in, etc. I got tired of it after a while, so I watched most of the movie in English.
    Last edited by Lorne Marshall; 02-07-2018 at 05:14 AM.
    VHS will never die!

I do have to say that the dubbing is about the best dubbing I've ever seen. It didn't detract from the film nearly as much as I feared it would.

Price dropped on this to $10.49.

https://amzn.to/2LyQrHy
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This one wasn't bad but ffs it's a monster movie, we didn't need the job descriptions for everyone. No one cares (now someone's going to tell me they do).
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Price dropped on this to $10.49.

https://amzn.to/2LyQrHy
    That's a good price. I think I'm gonna buy an extra copy for a friend. I have the Region B version from the UK and I prefer it for the onscreen Japanese text which Funimation scrubbed for this release and it has an additional VFX bonus too. It's also around 8 pounds, so if you're region free I think that's the one to get.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    This one wasn't bad but ffs it's a monster movie, we didn't need the job descriptions for everyone. No one cares (now someone's going to tell me they do).
    Couldn't agree with you more, as I mentioned a similar grievance in my previous post.
    VHS will never die!

Watched it last night and agree with pretty much all the comments here. It's a decent enough movie but too talky. Could have trimmed 20-30 minutes from this and had a leaner, meaner movie than what we got. But no regrets spending $10 on the Blu-ray.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!