Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toho to Produce New Godzilla Movie - Shin Godzilla

Godzilla is now officially a resident of Tokyo.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/105...medium=twitter
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Source:

"In case you haven’t heard, Toho’s first Godzilla film in 12 years is finally under way in Japan. According to reports, this monumental motion picture is presently slated to begin filming in Tokyo this weekend. And while details were originally few and far between, we have a handful of juicy tidbits to share with those who simply cannot get enough of that big, green kaiju.

Scified reports that the working title for the new Godzilla flick is Shin Gojira, which roughly translates to New Godzilla or True Godzilla in English. Since this is likely a working title, there’s a very strong possibility that will change before the big guy hits theaters once again."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I hope to find this in theaters when it comes out. I've been making my way through all of the Godzilla films with my boys over the past couple of years. We're getting near the end as we viewed Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001) over the weekend.

Some behind the scenes images from the new Toho Godzilla movie here:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/140137/140137/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Teaser (that shows nothing):

The English title is Godzilla: Resurgence. In Japanese シン・ゴジラ (Shin Gojira = New Godzilla). Opens July 29, 2016.

And in case someone missed it, the film is actually co-directed by Shinji Higuchi (not a good sign) and Hideaki Anno (a good sign).

The poster says "Japan vs. Godzilla".

Get ready for a whole lot more Godzilla. After Gareth Edwards delivered a reboot of the franchise last year, Warner Bros. is set to release the sequel on June 8th, 2018, but before that Kong: Skull Island will arrive on March 10th, 2017, both leading up to Godzilla vs. Kong in 2020. Why the newfound fascination you might ask? “I’m juvenile. I wanted to see them fight,” Legendary CEO Thomas Tull recently said, giving perhaps the best answer a financier ever has for backing a multi-billion dollar franchise.

As for RESURGENCE...Really dont know how to feel about it.....Not sure how it will turn out.....

Well, I do dig that poster art.... but yeah, that teaser is pretty vague.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Love the special effects, but the storyline and characters look uninteresting, very un-Anno like. That's just based on the trailer of course. Will certainly see this in cinema and find out for myself. I have pretty mixed expectations for it having two directors, Anno being just about the best thing that could have happened to Godzilla, and Higuchi being, well, not the best thing at all that could have happened to Godzilla.

The visuals sell me on it pretty hard. I'll definitely check it out, but I see what you mean about the two directors, that could lead to some inconsistencies.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!