Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Laid An Egg

Death Laid An Egg

A fairly cryptic FB posting says:

"Weiter geht es mit den sensationellen Ankündigungen für 2015: Laut dem User mondomedia auf dirty-pictures.de, erscheinen die beiden Gialli DIE FALLE [La morte ha fatto l'uovo] (1968) und DIE MÜHLE DER JUNGFRAUEN [Yellow: le cugine] (1969) im kommenden Jahr in deutschsprachigen Raum auf Blu-ray. Beide mit Neuabtastungen vom Negativ bzw. Positiv. Man darf gespannt sein!"

Bing tells me that means this:

"It continues with the sensational announcements for 2015: the two producer appear the case according to the user mondomedia on dirty-pictures.de, [La morte ha fatto l ' uovo] (1968) and the mill of VIRGINS [yellow: le cugine] (1969) in the coming year in the German-speaking world on Blu-ray. Both with new samples of the negative or positive. It should be interesting!"

So basically it's getting a German Blu-ray release. Will it be English friendly? Doesn't seem we know just yet. Fingers crossed....

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Hopefully it'll be uncut too.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

I didn't think much of the film. Very trippy, swinging 60's aesthetic but it didn't offer much beyond that for me. Lizard in a Woman's Skin and even Torso (parts of Torso for sure) not only captured that period but also were just better stories.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

I really like it, to be honest. It's a 'Marmite' film though, I'll freely admit
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    I didn't think much of the film. Very trippy, swinging 60's aesthetic but it didn't offer much beyond that for me.
    same here. I'd say I'm not a big fan of most of the pre-argento gialli ... except for fulci and bava of course!

Terrific news...what's not to like?
    Headless & wingless chickens? Ewa Aulin?
    What else can you double feature with DEADLY SWEET?
    Def. not in the giallo category though. Bizzaro euro trash murder thriller maybe, but that barely scratches the ground covered here.

Illusions Unlimited are releasing this. Its German language with English subs.

Will try and post the cover art and specs.

German version of this film is also the longest version with scenes not on the Japanese DVD.
    Hopefully the BD represents this cut of the film.

Has anyone seen this and if so, can you comment on the quality? I'd be down with DLAE on Blu-ray but I'm hearing this release isn't so hot.

http://www.amazon.de/Giallo-Double-F...bluraycom04-21

Name:  61uX6JoXXuL._SX425_.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  66.6 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I've seen it and thought it looked okay, maybe not stunning but not awful either. Maybe someone else can weigh in on it...One drawback though is that the only audio option is German (on the other film too). English subs of course but not at least having Italian spoken is a minus.

I will say that after not particularly caring for this film on first view years ago I have completely changed my mind and really enjoyed it this go around. Of course it helps to have a decent presentation (my old copy was a scratchy letterboxed bootleg) but I also think I'm more receptive these days to this decidedly non-traditional giallo. Some really fantastic camera work in this and of course Ewa Aulin in HD is pretty damn mesmerizing.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.