Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantasm

Phantasm

"The other day, I was having lunch at Jack in the Box. The fast food chain is running a promotion with Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights this month and I sat for a moment staring at my drink cup decorated with images of Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees and Leatherface. Suddenly I realized that the horror icons of my youth, who once seemed so dangerous and edgy, have become as neutered and cuddly as Dracula, Frankenstein and the Wolf Man. Seriously, a fast food chain has a guy wearing a mask made out of human skin and wielding a chainsaw on their cups. It was a strange and depressing moment. Fortunately, there's still one horror icon from the 70s and 80s that hasn't been totally sold out and compromised through overexposure. That, of course, is the Tall Man from Don Coscarelli's Phantasm."

- Adam Jahnke

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/site_a...nke100908.html

.But he MIGHT be SOON with the new sequel already nearly here.....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3627704/

Great news! Hopefully the wait on the inevitable Blu-Ray won't be too long.

It's funny that he kind of writes that as a negative thing. Surely that's grand! Horror fans like to bitch that great works of art are going under appreciated. Not an issue anymore for these films. They are part of popular culture. I think becoming a venerable part of the zeitgiest is kind of awesome. Hopefully one day Tall Man makes it too.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

I would like to a see a monster mash movie where the old guys take on the new old guys. Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster and the Wolfman versus Freddy, Jason and Leatherhead.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

The old guys were a much gentler, steady, slow build up kind of monster.....they wouldnt survive the transition to ADHD MTV style editing and bad cgi onslaught!!

They're all OG at this point.

It'd be something like they all wake up in a cell sewn nose to butt with their only clue some funky beta found footage. Can they put aside their differences and work together to save the weird wonderful world? And then Jigsaw is Jar-Jar. Spoiled already.

Al Franken and Adam Sandler pry open the packing crate. Out steps Kurt Russell as the WOLF-MAN, followed by Stallone as THE MONSTER. Trunk-shot, the crate: Samuel Jackson with a sawed-off shotgun in each hand (Van Helsing).

So this is not official, but it seems that Calum Waddell in his burn-the-earth feud against Arrow for stealing his shit has decided to spoil their announcements and has let slip that they have PHANTASM. (he also let slip, and Arrow has confirmed, that they have the US rights to some of the Lakeshore catalog but that was already obvious with them having announced that they are releasing THE STUFF in the US)

This only makes me love Arrow more!

Last edited by Terry C; 02-07-2016 at 05:08 PM.