Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Phantasm

Looks like this is the cover art for the US release.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

here is an ad for the Well Go set

Update on this from Well Go with new street date and some new extras as well as some packaging details.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WELL GO USA ANNOUNCES EXTENSIVE ALL-NEW BONUS MATERIALS INCLUDED IN THE PHANTASM COLLECTION

Six-Disc Box Set Bursting with New Bonus Features,
    Plus 120-page Retrospective Book & Reversible Poster

PLEASE NOTE: The Blu-ray Release Date has Moved to April 11

PLANO, TEXAS. (March 9, 2017) Well Go USA Entertainment announced today the all-new bonus materials included in the upcoming THE PHANTASM COLLECTION, scheduled to release in a limited edition, six-disc Blu-ray box set on April 11. In addition to the previously released archival material included in the box set, Phantasm creator Don Coscarelli has produced hours of never-before-seen material, featuring new interviews with cast and filmmakers, as well as rare archival materials.

"Well Go USA has done an outstanding job in curating the ultimate Phantasm collection. This terrific new release rivals the best Blu-ray box sets ever in its size and depth," said Don Coscarelli. 'I am so excited to share these never-before-seen features with our devoted fans, who will now be able to witness just how the Phantasm films were created in this stunning high-definition presentation."

"This box set is the answer to every Phantasm fan's prayers," said Doris Pfardrescher, President & CEO, Well Go USA Entertainment. "The filmmakers have gone above and beyond in order to create the most immersive Phantasm experience possible in one comprehensive box set."

One of the world's most popular franchises in the history of horror, the Phantasm film series has terrified fans for generations and this new box set features all five frightening films in the series - PHANTASM: REMASTERED (1979), PHANTASM II (1988), PHANTASM III: LORD OF THE DEAD (1994), PHANTASM IV: OBLIVION (1998) and the most recent installment PHANTASM: RAVAGER (2016). Packaging on all five films in the collection will feature reversible sleeve art, with one side highlighting the original packaging and the reverse showing new artwork uniform exclusive to the collection. In addition, the discs themselves will be BD50, which allow for less compression and a higher quality audio, as well as more space for the extensive bonus materials.

Also included with the collection is Phantasm Compendium, a 120-page book featuring exclusive interviews and rare, behind-the-scenes photos chronicling the history and impact of the franchise, plus a 21 x 27 reversible poster featuring the iconic original theatrical artwork.

The all-new bonus materials included in THE PHANTASM COLLECTION break down as follows:

Disc 1: PHANTASM
    * Audio Commentary with writer/director Don Coscarelli, co-producer Paul Pepperman and visual consultant Roberto Quezada
    * Additional home movie footage

Disc 3: PHANTASM III: LORD OF THE DEAD
    * Balls of Steel: Bob Ivy's Stunt for the Ages - The Phantasm III Car Stunt - This featurette shows the planning and behind-the-scenes footage of the dangerous stunt performed in the film and includes recently rediscovered material.
    * It's Never Over: The Making of PHANTASM III: LORD OF THE DEAD - This featurette includes interviews with Don Coscarelli, A. Michael Baldwin, Reggie Bannister, Bill Thornbury,
    Gloria Lynn Henry, Stuntman Bob Ivy, director of photography Christopher Chomyn, composer/sound designer Christopher L. Stone, sphere designer/mechanical effects artist Kerry Prior, special makeup effects designer Dean Gates and Production Assistant Kristen Deem.
    * Audio Commentary with writer/director Don Coscarelli and editor Norman Buckley
    * Behind the Scenes Compilation

Disc 4: PHANTASM IV: OBLIVION
    * Death is No Escape: The Making of PHANTASM IV: OBLIVION - This featurette includes interviews with Don Coscarelli, A. Michael Baldwin, Reggie Bannister, Bill Thornbury,
    special makeup effects artist Gigi Bannister, stunt co-ordinator/actor Bob Ivy, director of photography Christopher Chomyn, composer/sound designer Christopher L. Stone, sphere designer/mechanical effects designer Kerry Prior, cameraman Justin Zaharczuk and special makeup effects artist Robert Kurtzman.
    * Behind the Scenes Compilation
    * Phantasm sequels Conceptual Art Gallery by Justin Zaharczuk

Disc 5: PHANTASM V: RAVAGER
    * The Making of PHANTASM V: RAVAGER featurette
    * Interview with actor A. Michael Baldwin
    * Interview with actress Kat Lester
    * Interview with actor Stephan Jutras
    * Behind the Scenes Promo with Angus Scrimm Tribute
    * Phantasm V Red Credit Sequence

Disc 6: BONUS DISC
    * Phantasm and You - a comic recap of the first 4 films by PHANTASM V: RAVAGER director David Hartman
    * Flashback Weekend Chicago Convention Panel Discussion (2008)
    * Flashback Weekend Chicago Convention Cast Panel (2014)
    * Flashback Weekend concert performance by Kat Lester
    * 2016 Fantastic Fest Premiere and Q&A

Follow @WellGoUSA on Facebook and Twitter and be sure to use #PhantasmCollection when socializing your coverage. For more information, please visit www.wellgousa.com (http://www.wellgousa.com/my-way) .

Blu-ray
    Catalog #: WGU01769B
    UPC Code: 812491017692
    Pre-Order Date: 2/21/2017
    SLP: $79.98

Name:  Phantasm_Beauty-Shot.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  94.1 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Ok, but has part II been redone? Or it will be the same DNR'd mess?

Quote Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
    Ok, but has part II been redone? Or it will be the same DNR'd mess?
    The same DNR'd mess.

Inner packaging shot of the Arrow release.

Name:  17972098_10208756797464734_2580455697407853853_o.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  63.9 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I disagree. VIOLENTLY to such tinkering. I've always hated that with Lucas, as well. Just leave the past be. The movie has garnered it's cult reputation flaws and all over the past three decades+. At least, allow for an original remastered version of the un-CGI'd version to be issued as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/08/...4k-restoration

"There are the obvious things we were able to improve – we removed every piece of tape and fishing line utilized in the creation of the silver spheres and how we made them fly. I always thought they were very obvious during the 35mm run. Yet on the Standard Def VHS and DVD, you could never see them.

The movie was made in a very guerrilla fashion, so there were flaws I didn’t even catch on the first go ‘round. Take for example the moment where the brothers enter that white room in the mausoleum, and there’s this weird yellow bucket in there. I don’t know where that yellow bucket came from! Everyone who watches this movie is so focused on the plot, story and atmosphere, and I’m sitting here going “what’s that bucket doing there? How did it get in the shot?” It’s torture for me to watch the movie sometimes, but we removed things like that which drove me crazy.

We also improved a few VFX shots that always bothered me, but were also careful not to overdo it. We didn’t want to lose the film’s charm. Also, we didn’t want to remove too much grain, except in the scenes where we were working with damaged negative. It still had to have that analog 35mm flavor. But there was this one visual effect that – at first I didn’t tell anybody, because I wanted to see if anyone would catch it at SXSW – nobody caught. It’s a profile close-up shot of the ball flying down the hallway and we had done it the old fashioned way: put it up against some black velvet to create the shot. But there was no movement in the shot and nothing reflecting off of the ball as it moved. So we tinkered with flaws like that. There’s the old adage that whenever filmmakers watch their own films all they see are the flaws and that’s totally the case with me."

Looks like people are starting to get their Arrow sets (not my picture).

Name:  C-qde9VXkAE41kh.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  41.8 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Still waiting for (non-forum member) reviews of the Arrow set.