Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scream Factory Releasing Army Of Darkness

They seem to have a working relationship with Studio Canal so I hope this will get a UK release too as it looks like Shout are doing the work on the restoration and not Universal.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

This is reportedly coming from Shout! on 9/28/21.

Name:  EyZ0r3bUUAMHGbl.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  138.2 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I hope they don't do any of their coding the UHD disc as a Region A Blu Ray fuckery that they've done before. The UHD spec is supposed to be region free so if they do that agan they deserve their balls cutting off and shoving up their arse.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    I hope they don't do any of their coding the UHD disc as a Region A Blu Ray fuckery that they've done before. The UHD spec is supposed to be region free so if they do that agan they deserve their balls cutting off and shoving up their arse.
    Actually hadn't heard of that happening, that's some douchebaggery to be certain.

Anywho, I know I sound like an old man at this point, and I do love 4K (and have upgraded certain titles), but I won't be rebuying this again. I got that Shout multi-disc blu-ray version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    Actually hadn't heard of that happening, that's some douchebaggery to be certain.
    Supposedly their UHD of Weathering with You was region locked. Whether that was down to them or just Toho being giant bell ends and forcing them, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    Supposedly their UHD of Weathering with You was region locked. Whether that was down to them or just Toho being giant bell ends and forcing them, I don't know.
    Considering that one of only two Hong Kong DVDs I own that is actually region-coded is Battle Royale, which was specifically locked to prevent reverse-importing by Japanese buyers, I'd guess it was Toho dictating that as a license requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    Considering that one of only two Hong Kong DVDs I own that is actually region-coded is Battle Royale, which was specifically locked to prevent reverse-importing by Japanese buyers, I'd guess it was Toho dictating that as a license requirement.
    I hope so, but it's really annoying that they can do this. Just when we had a format that did away with region restrictions, they manage to find a way of screwing the collectors again.