Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scream Factory Releasing Army Of Darkness

Looks like they will be exchanging discs 1 and 3
    We will be replacing both discs#1 and #3.

An email will be going out with all the instructions how to receive these replacement discs later this week.

Best,

Customer Service
    Shout! Factory
    2034 Armacost Ave., 1stFloor
    Los Angeles, CA 90025

info@shoutfactory.com

Army of Darkness disc exchange:
    CORRECTION: We apologize for any confusion, but this is the correct URL (for step 1 below) to enter your shipping and contact information:

http://cart.shoutfactorystore.com/re...pin=AODREPLACE

On behalf of Scream Factory, we want to thank everyone that has purchased our recent Collector’s Edition of ARMY OF DARKNESS. We hope you are enjoying it and all the work that went into bringing it to you, the fans.

It has come to our attention that there is footage missing from both the theatrical cut and the international cut of the film. We will be issuing replacement discs (#1 and #3) to anyone that has been affected.

If your copy of ARMY OF DARKNESS is missing footage and you would like a replacement disc sent to you, please follow these instructions:

Please fill out the form on this page with your shipping and contact information.
    Please send an email to info@shoutfactory.com with your proof of purchase (a photo or scan of your printed receipt or your digital receipt if from on-line retailer).

Replacement discs will begin shipping out in the next 2-3 weeks. When your replacements do ship, you should receive an automated shipment confirmation via email.

If you have any questions or concerns about this replacement program, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@shoutfactory.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

Scream Factory

Watched this on tv the other night....far worse than I temembered...not really a good film at all....

I always thought I was in the minority...I like a few moments and some of Bruce Campbell's lines, but I was never really super into this movie. I love Evil Dead, but the sequels are too jokey.

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    I quite like part 2 and AoD is also watchable, but far from the masterpiece many feel it is. None of them hold a candle to the amazing first film though.

One of the greatest misconceptions among the general public must be that Evil Dead is a comedy, when in fact it is one of the nastiest and most brutal horror films of the eightees. Dark and relentless. I don't know if it's the fact that the two sequels are comedies and that colours their impression of the first film, or if it's just a moronic "lol, old low budget films suck" attitude. But I've never understood it. A woman gets brutally raped by the woods themselves. A man chops up his girlfriend with an axe. The atmosphere is one of death and destruction. I was scared shitless the first time I saw it (at an, admittedly, way too young age).

I laughed my ass off at the tree rape, but hey. I was barely a stupid teenager when I saw it.

There's a feel of defensive denial (haha, just kidding, don't kill me) about the sequels. Like they got responsible or had girlfriends or something, and were trying to prove it was all just good fun. (See, funny, right? Now is it funny? That was funny.) Like they had some explaining to do. I approve of this anxiety.

Loved the second one..but yeah , much like Texas Chainsaw, second one is obviously aiming for entertainment....I liked the first one and it must have been amazing to see it in a theater at the time but the Claymation ending always pulled me out of the movie...

Steelbook edition coming from Shout! 8/14/18.

Name:  DcR83c4VQAAt2UR.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  37.1 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

According to Dawn Of The Discs, Shout! will be releasing AOD on UHD in 2021.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!