Thread: Murder Among The Mormons

Murder Among The Mormons

Anyone check this out on Netflix? Watched the first two episodes last night and it's pretty interesting stuff.

I'll reserve judgement on it until I finish it but if you're into true crime stuff and have an appreciation for the weirder side of religion, you might appreciate this.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I don't have Netflix but I would like to see this, hopefully it'll get a disc release at some point. I read a book about this case years ago, A Gathering of Saints. It was one of 3 or 4 books that came out on the events. This particular one was really good, fascinating stuff.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    I don't have Netflix but I would like to see this, hopefully it'll get a disc release at some point. I read a book about this case years ago, A Gathering of Saints. It was one of 3 or 4 books that came out on the events. This particular one was really good, fascinating stuff.
    I was completely unfamiliar with the events at the time and didn't know anything about it until I started watching it last night, oddly enough on a recommendation from the guy who works at the comic store I go to.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I started watching right now, cause of this thread.

My impression of mormons is that they are insane. My only interaction with them was a winter about 6-8 years ago, when it was insanely cold. I was hurrying home in my full michelin man attire to shield me from the cold when two young men stopped me on an otherwise deserted street. They were wearing shirts and ties, no jackets or anything, despite the weather. The spoke swedish with american accents and were super positive about just about everything in life. I told them I had no place for their religion in my life, they thanked me and wished me well and we parted ways. I kind of expected them to be much pushier. Perhaps the weather saved me.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

I used to work for a bunch of Mormons and they were super nice people, all of them. I don't share their belief system, but they didn't push it on me in the work place.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This was pretty good, but my main complaint is that as usual they could have easily made this with 60% of the running time, like a 1.45 feature instead of a 3 hour miniseries. But other then that it was one of the better true crime stories as of late.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    This was pretty good, but my main complaint is that as usual they could have easily made this with 60% of the running time, like a 1.45 feature instead of a 3 hour miniseries. But other then that it was one of the better true crime stories as of late.
    I finished it last night and agree, could definitely have been trimmed but overall I thought it was very well done.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!