Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Since y'all asked for it. Newt's deep south indie wrestling pic thread

Here's a small clip from the Nightmare Known as Jeremiah vs Christian Mox match. Jeremiah is the guy in the mask and overalls. Mox is the guy in the ring.

Before the show Mox had got into his wrestling gear and I noticed that on the ass of his trunks it said "4 touchdowns in one game". So went over and was talking to him about Married with Children. "Yea man I had never seen the show. Then my trainer said Kid your gimmick is you are a jock that peaked in High School. Go home and watch a few episodes of Married with Children. Cause you are gonna be the wrestling version of Al Bundy."

I bought a stack of twelve issues of various 91/92 wrestling magazines. Doing video flipthrus of them on my wrestling YT channel.
    Last edited by Newt Cox; 06-17-2021 at 08:44 PM.

Hit a Battlezone Championship Wrestling event last night.

Had been to a few BZ shows before. But this one they brought in the Rock N Roll Express. Had 4 of us in the car. Got there at 5pm. So called a buddy that works for BZ. Was told. Just come on in.

Got to talk to Ricky and Robert,the RnR Express,for a bit before they went to prep for their match. Then spent the rest of the time just hanging out and relaxing.

I filmed a few full matches. And got a pile of clips and pictures will upload them later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Hit a Battlezone Championship Wrestling event last night.

Had been to a few BZ shows before. But this one they brought in the Rock N Roll Express. Had 4 of us in the car. Got there at 5pm. So called a buddy that works for BZ. Was told. Just come on in.

Got to talk to Ricky and Robert,the RnR Express,for a bit before they went to prep for their match. Then spent the rest of the time just hanging out and relaxing.

I filmed a few full matches. And got a pile of clips and pictures will upload them later this week.
    Cool that you got to meet the Rocking Chair Express, newt!

Yea everybody kept going on about how old they looked. Robert was telling us he turns 63 this week. But he looks older than that.

And Ricky's memory must be bad. After they won their match he grabbed the mic. Talking about how they became superstars thanks to working in Mid South "And we ever got in the WWE Hall of Fame and never worked a match in WWE."

I was like wait they worked at least one PPV in WWE when they were in SMW. And then when during the Attitude era the NWA worked with WWE,there was at least a few times Ricky and Robert worked matches on RAW.

Now sure he might in his mind think WWE and WWF are separate but we know they are the same thing.

Name:  rnrexpress.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  277.3 KB

That's my buddy James with Ricky and Robert. We got let in 2 hours early so he snagged a pic with them before the crowd got into the arena.
    Last edited by Newt Cox; 07-19-2021 at 03:27 AM.

Name:  215416294_1008519469686638_5813859571744534419_n.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  45.9 KB

From left to right

Tre-James' youngest son.
    James-The driver for the night and one of my neighbors.
    Myself-Was checking a text to see if a guy I was selling some old wresting mags to had go to the show.
    Dad-With his bad back there was no way he was gonna sit on the bleachers. So I grabbed him a chair.
    Last edited by Newt Cox; 07-20-2021 at 03:46 AM.

And since I know Dom,I think it was dom,is interested in how these events do money wise.

It was 10 bucks if you wanted to sit in the bleachers. 15 if you wanted a chair at one of the tables that was front row. 5 bucks to get the VIP Meet and Greet,which let you come in 30 minutes early. And if you wanted to stay after the first show was over for the 3 match LIGHTS OUT show that was another 5 bucks.

They had sold out of front row table seats a week ago. There was 290 total tickets sold. Then factor in the snack stand money, Can of soda was a buck. Hot dog was 2 bucks. Chili cheese fries was 4 bucks.They sold out of sodas before Intermission was over. Ran out of hot dogs and fries not long after that.

Plus the Fed,Battlezone Championship Wrestling,had a gimmick table. They had stickers of 2 of the wrestlers,were a buck each. Plus shirts that were 20 each. Was told they cleared close to 200 off the gimmick table.

80% of the wrestlers on the show got the standard 50 bucks,some of them worked 3 matches. A few of the bigger names that are local got 100. Ricky and Robert I was told got 300 each,plus a hotel room. But those two cleaned up at their gimmick table. It was 10 bucks to get a picture with them. 25 bucks for them to sign anything you brought with ya. They had shirts for 25 each. A dvd that was 20. A comic book that was 20. Trading cards they would sign that were 10 each. By the time the show started they were out of most of that stuff. One of the promoters of BZ told me "Ricky and Robert made at least 1500 each off sales at the gimmick table."

I'm figuring after paying to rent the arena,paying for all the wrestlers. Between ticket sales,gimmick table sales and snack stand BZ made 2500 or so profit.

I'm cheap. I spent 10 bucks for my ticket,had been told I didn't have to buy one but hell it's only 10 bucks. Then since James had drove I let him know I had his sodas covered for the day. So between him,myself and dad we drank 5 sodas. There's another 5 bucks. Then I bought 2 stickers off Faroh for a buck each. Then at another table a lady was selling WWE poker chips. 50 cents each. So I got one with One Man Gang and one with Jerry Lawler.

So I spent 18 bucks at the show. Plus dad and I each gave James 5 bucks to go towards gas.

When I first started roadtripping for shows 2 vets taught me the rules.

1.Who ever is riding shotgun does NOT GOTO SLEEP. Their job is to help the driver navigate and keep the driver awake.
    2.If the drive is an hour or less each person in the car gives the driver 5 bucks for gas. For every hour the trip is you add on another 5 bucks.
    3.Driver never has to pay for drinks or cheap snacks on the drive. The passengers pay for that.

Thankfully James drinks the same soda I do. So when he picked us up at my place I hooked him up with 3 cans of it. And gave his son 2 cans.

Muddy Waters(Gio Savage/RJW) faced a team I have never seen. But WOW Muddy Waters was over with the crowd. They got the second loudest reaction of the night.

Battlezone Jr Heavyweight Champion Braxton Hunter vs Eddie Martinez

I like that there's a wrestler called Muddy Waters who, unless I'm wrong, doesn't have any sick blues jams.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!