Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Since y'all asked for it. Newt's deep south indie wrestling pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post

King Rob Love vs Estrella Galactica

Estrella is a rising lucha star based in the Houston area. Not sure what was up in this match but he botched a few times.
    Botches are the shaky cornerstone of Lucha Libre!

Very true. I've seen Galactica a few times and something seemed off in this match.

As of right now Steve Anthony will not be back in BIW. Mostly cause of what he did. But also hearing Steve is ready to retire. Dude is 44/45,has been to Japan. And has a great shoot job. Plus if he can retire now he will have wrestled since he was 18 and never had a major injury.

Already getting prepared for the May 15th show. Apoc will be defending his title against Impact Wrestling star Kaleb Konelly. Plus Frankie vs Cassidy in a table's match.

I got in a few weeks back 10 kids size lucha masks and 5 adult sized ones. Asking 10 for the kids ones and 15 for the adults. Last show I sold most of my masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry M View Post
    Thanks for this, and the back story, Newt. Overcommitment to the bit does kind of suck some of the fun out of booing the bad guy.
    Very true. It has been hard for me to boo Steve cause he is so damn good in the ring and on the mic. But after what happened I was booing the hell out of him. And got a "SHAVE HIS HEAD!" chant started once Apoc won.

So not sure if yall heard about this. Ted Dibiase SR aka the Million Dollar man. Last year it came out that his youngest son Brett,who at the time was working for the state of MS,had been embezzlling money. Seems Brett got bad on pain pills. Was stealing money from the state welfare and food stamps program. And had funnelled a pile of the money into Ted SR's church.

Normally Ted SR's church was getting 2 or 3k a year from the state. And the church was doing a lot for the poor in this state. Well the year Brett started working for the state that amount skyrocketed.

Since this news came out all the Dibiases have kinda stopped making appearences at shows.
    Name:  11140212_983932638284279_4987164104141250723_o.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  162.5 KB
    That's me and Ted Sr at a show 6 or so years ago.

So last night and tonight were Battlezone Wresting,the longest lasting indie in MS,big event Widowfest. Every year it is a two night event. And the owners of BZ make sure to bring in at least one big name each night. Night 1 they had Dr Tom Prichard. The guy I do the King of Wrestling Podcast with works with BZ. He messaged me last night "Abel and Faroh got a huge surprise name for night 2. I will tell you who it is once I get there and make sure the big name came." I was wondering who they got. Thinking about all the older retired wrestlers that live close enough to drive in.

Tonight around 5pm I took a nap. Woke up about 40 minutes ago. See Brandon has sent me a message.
    Name:  160818403_1545386848991638_1879927633174136845_n.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  864.8 KB

BZ brought in Ted Sr. And from what I have been told half the crowd booed him. BZ thought the crowd wouldn't know about the stolen money. Guess their crowd is smarter than they expected.

So starting sometime last year I've been "feuding" on Twitter with Limitless Wrestling's The Belfast Bulldog Dave Dyer.

Every few weeks I would shoot a short vid calling him "The Belfast Baldo" and challenging him to a match. He has been loving these vids.

Barely slept last night woke up not feeling that great. Got sent a message "Get your ass to twitter and see what Dave posted". Watched the video and kept laughing.

The plan is either later this year or sometime next year make the 16 hour drive up to Maine,where Limitless is based, and have a "Match" with Dave. Putting my Hoodmark Lucha Libre Central American Heavyweight title on the line.

Dear God, he might choke the rooster...
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

LOLOL

Dave Dyer is great. The plan right now is bring him onto the podcast soon. Have him and i argue for an hour. Then once we make it up to Maine do a short 5 minute match where I get pinned and Dyer wins the title.

Only to have him get stripped of the title when he goes 30 days without defending it.

Also love that you know what Gallos means.

I chose the Ultimo Gallos name cause from my Grandpa cox there was only 2 sons. Both those sons had 1 kid each,a son. Now my Cousin Charles isn't having any kids. I have two sons. One who doesn't have my last name and one that does. The one that shares my last name has said for years how he doesn't want kids.

Well Ultimo=Last and Gallos=Rooster or Cock

Last Cox....

In the past 8 years had 2 people at shows get the joke behind the name.
    Last edited by Newt Cox; 03-22-2021 at 06:34 PM.

We recorded the interview with the Belfast Baldo Dave Dyer Tuesday night. It will be on the Friday podcast.

Was all I could do to not laugh right into the mic.But at the end of the interview I got a good zinger in that after we stopped recording had Dave tell me "Damn it Gallos that was great I was shaking hard from holding in the laughter."

I'll post a link here with a time stamp for that segment.

Name:  RD3oXuc.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  198.0 KB
    Name:  Pd42EfL.jpg
Size:  249.4 KB
    Name:  xEGtmUU.jpg
Size:  283.7 KB

Needed some good pics of the belt.

But does it spin, Newt?