Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Since y'all asked for it. Newt's deep south indie wrestling pic thread

Hell no.

Ok so got back a bit ago from the latest BIW event in town.

6 fun matches. The tables match was wild. They brawled over near my table and my dad grabbed a chair and moved it between himself and them LOL.

Sold the hell outta lucha masks. Sold every kids mask I had and all but 3 of the adult ones.

Interviewed,should have it uploaded by tomorrow,local Luchadore Rey Fury. And "Nacho Libre" and Ultimo Gallos unpacked last months Pro Wrestling crate to see what was in it.

The matches I got everything filmed. Also all the show from a hard cam with commentary. But one drawback. BIW is working on a deal to get their events up on the FITE app. Part of the deal is until 28 days after the event has appeared on FITE I can't post full matches. Clips are fine. Which hey that is cool. Been told the events will be up on FITE,made from the footage from the 5 cameras going tonight with commentary from Pat Rose and Koby Quarters Rutland,should cost 5 bucks.

Name:  Ccr8NcG.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  161.3 KB

Left to right

Philip Searcy,local fan that works behind the scenes off and on,Rey Fury,Jackson MS based Luchadore originally from the Bronx,and of course myself on the right,wearing a Rey Fury shirt I was given right before we recorded.

So last night's show was the first time the usual 4 of us that goto shows film/do commentary were all at the same show. So grabbed some pics.

Name:  dzEtLvq.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  429.9 KB

From left to right.

Philip,The Fairchild Donovan,Koby Quarters Rutland and me at the end.

Name:  rCx27dj.jpg
Size:  459.1 KB

Then as a super inside joke a pic of 3 of us giving Koby some Quarters.

Name:  ZeF5iSu.jpg
Size:  392.4 KB

Then a pic of all that is left of the original crew. Donovan is the nephew of Big Country Tommy. Tommy passed last year in late summer. And with how bad his health had been the last 3 years he couldnt make every show. So Donovan kinda took over Tommy's role.

I got the Rey Fury chat uploading right now.

Nacho/Not Yo/Not Hoe Libre is local LA based fan and behind the scenes guy Big Sam. He got the outfit last year for Halloween. So I told him to bring it and we would record something.

Spoiler I never got the Bottle opener I was offering 5 bucks for ,one of the guys came by and offered 20 bucks for it.

Aint paying 20 bucks for a bottle opener I wont use.

Also excuse my sweaty messed up hair. We had just finished bringing in all the small gear and setting up 400 seats. That is partially why in the previous vid,filmed after this one, I have on a different mask and shirt.
    Last edited by Newt Cox; 05-17-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Rad socks!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Thanks got them in a pack of Universal themed socks. IIRC same pack had Dazed and Confused,ET,Jaws and BTTF themed socks.

My girl kept teasing me cause all I wore was mid calf white socks for years. And really with how hot it is down here I rarely wear anything but flipflops or sandals so rarely need socks. Saw that pack with the Universal socks and grabbed them. I got like 40 pairs now of various themed socks. Bad part is I never pair them up. Just toss all the socks in a drawer. So the Fast Times ones were the first set I found the day of the show.

Name:  OTtAf4a.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  1.95 MB

The day of the show I was told to get there around 230pm. Well I ended up getting through in town faster than expected. So pulled up to the civic center front door at 2pm. Unloaded my stuff,the three tubs are filled with wrestlign stuff to sell. Leaned my two tables against the wall. And sat there listening to some Jesus and Mary chain until the ring showed up 20 minutes later.