Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Statham Vs. Giant Shark - The Meg

Ben Wheatley is directing a sequel.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the...ons-in-sequel/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Boy, was the first one a piece of shite. I say that as a Statham fan. I saw it in the theater and have been trying to get over it ever since. The Coors Light of shark films. The sequel? Fool me once blah blah balh.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Ben Wheatley, though. I would watch this just for the scene where an almost-defeated Michael Smiley sadly shoves oxygen tank and shotgun barrel into his own mouth and pulls the trigger: close-up on his sad, sad eyes. The shark turns out to be the audience in a shark suit: Jason Statham on shrooms kills us anyway because it is dark.

Why do we not have a Ben Wheatley thread?

Wheately is apparently currently working on the storyboards for the film and enthuses about the "massive scale" of the project:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...est-movie-yet/

I hope he has a blast making this and that it will improve significantly upon the original. I was originally sour that he went from his netflix Hitchcock remake right to this but then he pulled out IN THE EARTH from seemingly nowhere and suddenly I'm quite OK with this. Can't fault the guy for wanting to play with some expensive toys in between low(er) budget personal fare. If he can steer this potential franchise in the right direction (the novels are trash but in a pulpy, fun an increasingly insane way) in the process, then all the better. Judging from Statham's unusually critical comments while promoting the first one and his role as a producer on the sequel, I am somewhat optimistic!

The most overrated director of today doing a sequel to Stathams chinese sellout sillyness? Well as much as I think this will suck I am still sure it will be better then your average Paul WS Anderson film.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    The most overrated director of today doing a sequel to Stathams chinese sellout sillyness? Well as much as I think this will suck I am still sure it will be better then your average Paul WS Anderson film.
    Some hardcore nudity couldn't hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Meteor View Post
    Agreed.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

From what I recall the shark never wore pants or a bra.

I don't think I could face seeing the Stath's sweaty taint on screen, thank you very much.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard