Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    I just got CULT MOVIES Volumes 1-3, so I guess I'm gonna read those next.
    The Danny Peary books? Those were seminal for me back in the day. The first one in particular was an eye opener for me as a budding young film buff.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    The Danny Peary books? Those were seminal for me back in the day. The first one in particular was an eye opener for me as a budding young film buff.
    Those are the ones. A friend was getting rid of a bunch of books and those ones were in there as well.

Nice finds Mark. I got all three. Got 1 and 3 from library book sales. Then bought 2 years later off Abebooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Nice finds Mark. I got all three. Got 1 and 3 from library book sales. Then bought 2 years later off Abebooks.
    Oh, cool! Yeah, got a few other film books as well, one nice one about films from the 80's (including Robocop) with big glossy, coffee table-book pages.

Check out these amazingly lurid vintage book covers (some nudity shown) - https://www.pulpinternational.com/
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    Check out these amazingly lurid vintage book covers (some nudity shown) - https://www.pulpinternational.com/
    Nudity you say?! .... Those are pretty cool!
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Pulp International is a great site. NSFW or otherwise, a daily visit has been keeping me sane at work for what feels like centuries at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Nudity you say?! .... Those are pretty cool!
    Strange Relatives is so disturbing and awesome, haha.

BW, that site is great, I check it daily too. In addition to the cool stuff they post, they have a wicked sense of humor.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Finished Die Hard. It's a good read. That said all the changes from the book to the film were wise moves. Much better having MacClane be in his 30s and non descript rather than a hero in his 60s. You worry about the old guy breaking in half with all the damage he takes. The love story(?) with the stewardess on the outside was totally needless and, frankly, rather silly. But a good read.

Onto 58 Minutes now or, as I prefer to call it, Die Hard 2. The cover actually has Die Hard 2 in bold with 58 minutes in small print underneath.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Finished Die Hard. It's a good read. That said all the changes from the book to the film were wise moves. Much better having MacClane be in his 30s and non descript rather than a hero in his 60s. You worry about the old guy breaking in half with all the damage he takes. The love story(?) with the stewardess on the outside was totally needless and, frankly, rather silly. But a good read.

Onto 58 Minutes now or, as I prefer to call it, Die Hard 2. The cover actually has Die Hard 2 in bold with 58 minutes in small print underneath.
    I read Die Hard in grade 10, it was awesome.