Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Finished Die Hard. It's a good read. That said all the changes from the book to the film were wise moves. Much better having MacClane be in his 30s and non descript rather than a hero in his 60s. You worry about the old guy breaking in half with all the damage he takes. The love story(?) with the stewardess on the outside was totally needless and, frankly, rather silly. But a good read.

Onto 58 Minutes now or, as I prefer to call it, Die Hard 2. The cover actually has Die Hard 2 in bold with 58 minutes in small print underneath.
    By Walter Wager? I read that when DIE HARD 2 came out and seem to recall finding it quite a plod. That was 30 years ago, though.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Finished Hollywood Babylon recently. Started the Dee Dee Ramone Biography,Lobotomy I think is the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Finished Hollywood Babylon recently.
    Hot diggity! That's a good one.

Recently finished Jim Thompson's KING BLOOD. Weird, mean and cruel... just how I like my literature. This one is seriously wacked, even by Thompson's standards. Starts with a main character fantasising rape, works in a little history and cod-autobiography, climaxes with the genital mutilation of a serial killer, and ends with two antagonistic characters essentially slapping one another on the back. Taken a week or so for it to sink in, but... Highly recommended.

Currently reading Daisy Johnson's FEN. Some really interesting folk horror-style stories. The fens are very close to me, and the eeriness of the landscape there is something I'm very familiar with, so this speaks a lot to me. Good stuff.

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Lobotomy is pretty good. About a third of the way into it. Just got to the point when the Ramones are about to get a record deal.