Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: cicadas are coming! new camera questions

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    Yes, those are terrific pictures!

It's weird, I thought we would have a major outburst here (northeastern SC), but I haven't seen or heard any at all. And it's certainly full-on summer here.
    thanks!

it is weird. very quiet where i live. haven"t really seen any cicadas at my house. but, if i go a few blocks over they start to get loud. about a 2 miles away it is cicadacity!

dead quiet where i work too, and there are trees all over the place there

still pretty cool

I had my first windshield splat the other day on the way to work, but yeah, they're spotty around here too. There is one area where i can hear them trilling while going down the highway in an open Jeep with the stereo up. That must be ridiculously loud if you're actually in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post
    I had my first windshield splat the other day on the way to work, but yeah, they're spotty around here too. There is one area where i can hear them trilling while going down the highway in an open Jeep with the stereo up. That must be ridiculously loud if you're actually in the woods.
    one hit my shoulder while i was on my bicycle the other day. pretty sure it was ok!

last saturday i was planning on staying out until the early evening to see if i could get pics/vids of them coming out of the ground but it was too loud! after hanging out at the spot for about an hour i was thinking,"i gotta get outta here!" i wasn't even completely surrounded where i was

Name:  DSC01709.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  1.23 MB

Fera

from Catastrofe Ultravioletta

Some Truths

from midnight mornings drenched in dayglo (cassette) and Arthur Boto Conley's Music Workshop Presents "​(​SOUNDS) TRANSFERRED FROM VARIOUS OUTDATED MEDIA TO A MAXIMUM OF PHYSICAL SPACE (ON A FLAT POLYVINYL CHLORIDE DISC​)​" | TBG10 (LP)
    Last edited by JLG; 06-16-2021 at 10:38 PM. Reason: LP still available

Kris & Tavi

from Kris & Tavi