Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rob Zombie Making A New Munsters Film

The Banana Splits Movie was stupid fun. Way better than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
    Not a Rob Zombie fan so I wouldn't have high hopes, though I suppose if the right approach is taken, it could work. Anyone seen THE BANANA SPLITS MOVIE? I haven't, but I grew up watching the TV show and am intrigued by the fact they made a horror film around it. Could be fun, could be incredibly silly, I don't know. I've considered making a blind buy. (I vaguely recall liking the same director's LEVEL 16.)
    I enjoyed LEVEL 16, but I did not like THE BANANA SPLITS MOVIE. It really doesn't do anything with it's concept; once the novelty of the familiar characters killing people wears out (which is pretty fast) it's just a repetitive series of stalk and slash scenes.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

You both have given me some considerations to mull over. Thanks for your input...
    VHS will never die!

I guess the script will be full of enchanting and beautiful dialogue such as: "Fucking motherfucking cocksucking fucking fucking fuck fuck... fucker. Fucking fucknut fucking fuck fuck cocksucker. Fucker". I hate Rob Zombie if you couldn't tell. AND his talentless annoying wife.
    Last edited by Nabonga; 06-12-2021 at 02:28 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

I'm honestly not expecting much of this movie at all, BUT.... RZ is a huge Munsters fan. Yes, he'll cast his annoying wife in it and he'll probably turn in a bad movie, but I don't think that he'll turn in anything that crass. I do sincerely believe that he's got some respect for the source material.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I'm honestly not expecting much of this movie at all, BUT.... RZ is a huge Munsters fan. Yes, he'll cast his annoying wife in it and he'll probably turn in a bad movie, but I don't think that he'll turn in anything that crass. I do sincerely believe that he's got some respect for the source material.
    RZ is a huge Halloween fan as well, and....well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    RZ is a huge Halloween fan as well, and....well.....
    Sure, but Halloween was always meant for an adult audience.

Again, I'm not expecting much from this movie at all. But I don't think he'll take it in that direction.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I wasn't aware of the BANANA SPLITS movie and just watched the RLM review of it yesterday. Such a weird direction for an IP.

Maybe Rob will attempt to replicate the show and make it in black and white and slap a laugh track on it. Or maybe he'll do that but make it sleazy and subversive, like the Rodney Dangerfield bit in NATURAL BORN KILLERS.

Window dressing and concept aside they can't replicate the chemistry between Fred Gwynne and Al Lewis. And that was what the show was about. That's why all these things fail. This will be what, the third revival?

"When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Scott, there were a couple mid 90s TV movies

And a year or so later

Different principal casts, though Mary Woronov had a supporting role in both.
    Last edited by George Barry; 06-12-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Wow it's like it gets progressively worse with each attempt. I didn't know about those, just the original cast movies. Thanks.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"