LIMITED EDITION

OF 1000 COPIES / RELEASE END OF NOVEMBER TECHNICAL:
    • ZENABEL- 1969 - 1h25 - Italy / France
    • 4K restoration from French interpositive
    • BLURAY - 1920x1080 / 24p
    • Languages: French and Italian in DTS-HD MA 2.0 mono original
    • French and English subtitles
    • All Zones

SUMMARY : In 1627, in Golden Age Spain, young Zenabel learned from her dying father that she was in fact an adopted daughter. Her real parents, the Duke and Duchess of Valle Stretta, were murdered while she was still a baby.The person responsible for this double murder, Don Alonso y Moira, a baron without faith or law, has since become the master of the place, causing terror to reign in the duchy. From now on, Zenabel will do everything to regain his title and his property, as well as avenge the death of his parents. His quest will be long and strewn with pitfalls…

ABOUT THE FILM : Released the same year as Isabelle, Duchess of the Devil, Zenabel shares with Bruno Corbucci's film the spirit of fumetti for adults, those comics which were very successful in the 1960s and 1970s . We find in Zenabel this same mixture of adventure and eroticism, with also a good dose of humor.Shot by Ruggero Deodato (Cannibal Holocaust, The House at the bottom of the park), Zenabel is embodied by Lucretia Love (The Assassin has reserved 9 seats), here surrounded by two sacred monsters of Anglo-Saxon cinema: John Ireland (Spartacus, Perversion Story) and Lionel Stander (Cul-de-sac, Le pont de Cassandra).

BONUS :
    • Documentary DEODATO HOLOCAUST (1h11)
    • The power of girls with Ruggero Deodato (19mn)
    •ZENABEL by Philippe Chouvel (32mn)
    • Cut sequences prohibited for minors (19mn)

Name:  zen.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  40.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Reeking with medieval streaking, apparently.

Name:  MV5BYzQ2ZTNhY2ItMzU4Mi00YzJmLTg2YTktMGZhYzQyODI0MWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5Nzc4MDY@._V1_.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  157.6 KB

Don't know much about this one, but this sounds very intriguing. Bruno Nicolai did the soundtrack...always a plus.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Every review I've seen helpfully points out that there are a lot of rape jokes. Which seems kind of like warning that there's going to be some licorice in this here box of allsorts. On the plus side, also a lot of nudity, and Lionel Stander. Not sure what the venn diagram of that looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry M View Post
    nudity, Lionel Stander.
    Not in the same sentence, please.

Lucretia Love was in some fun, trashy Italian stuff like the above-mentioned KILLER RESERVED NINE SEATS. She was from Texas, I believe, but had a pretty decent Euro-cult career.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Hopefully that Venn diagram looks like boobs.

It's a bit pricey by the time shipping to Canada gets added in, and I still haven't watched Bacchanales Sexuelles. But yeah, interesting. All regions, so might not get a North American release.

Claude Mulot apparently did inserts for a hard re-release in the seventies. Wonder if those are represented? I'd prefer the original, but wouldn't mind some extras.

Now I want to dig out the Angelique movies. Swashbuckling!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry M View Post
    Claude Mulot apparently did inserts for a hard re-release in the seventies. Wonder if those are represented? I'd prefer the original, but wouldn't mind some extras.
    Just a guess, but the 'cut scenes prohibited for minors' could very well be that material.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Dang me, I ordered.

"Dang me, I ordered."

Just lie back and enjoy it.