Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Of Werewolves (Poster/Photos)

Game Of Werewolves (Poster/Photos)

This is that movie I was talking about. It's from Spain and opens up next March, and it's a horror/comedy. And there's supposed to be a shot where 30 werewolves will be shown at one time. Now, these are some kick ass 'thropes. How the movie is, though? No clue. Got a chick on my facebook page who's in Spain, and she plans to check it out in March. Will have some idea then how the flick is. Hope it's as good as those photos.

those are some cool looking Werewolves. Horror-comedy kind of makes me wary, but I'd like to see those wolves in action.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too, when I heard horror/comedy? Comedy?! Fuck! But, we can still hope. As long as it's not slapstick, and nothing that will offset the horror, then fine. First werewolf flick I've seen in years where they actually put some thought into the werewolves.

That looks pretty slick. I'm not worried about the comedy angle, as one of the best werewolf movies ever was a horror/comedy...An American Werewolf in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Casey View Post
    That looks pretty slick. I'm not worried about the comedy angle, as one of the best werewolf movies ever was a horror/comedy...An American Werewolf in London.
    Yeah but done by someone who knew how to make good comedy. I think it will be tough for anyone to even come close to doing what he did with horror/comedy. SHawn of the dead did a good job with the comedy, but it fell way short of being a horror/comedy, imo. Nothing scary about it. AWIL at least had some moments where they turned off the comedy and potted up the horror (subway scene, or Jack being ripped to shreds).

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Jordan View Post
    Yeah but done by someone who knew how to make good comedy. I think it will be tough for anyone to even come close to doing what he did with horror/comedy. SHawn of the dead did a good job with the comedy, but it fell way short of being a horror/comedy, imo. Nothing scary about it. AWIL at least had some moments where they turned off the comedy and potted up the horror (subway scene, or Jack being ripped to shreds).
    Good point, Toidd.

AMERICAN WEREWOLF walked that perfect line of horror and comedy, and, to me, it's more horror than comedy. Landis knew how much comedy to put in and what kind of comedy to do. He was a tactician when it came to that movie, and I've never seen anything else like it. So when I hear someone is doing a horror/comedy, and it's NOT AMERICAN WEREWOLF, I cringe just a little bit. If they keep the comedy to a minimum and make it natural, and black, and don't over sell it, maybe, just maybe, it might be a good flick. A shame if it isn't, those werewolves are very cool. It's gonna kill the movie if the comedy involves one, or some, of the werewolves breaking character and doing something stupid.

It only needs to be as good as TEEN WOLF, and better than TEEN WOLF II.

If one of the wwwolves breaks character by breakdancing, I'm in.

Does TEEN WOLF still hold up? Haven't seen it since I was a teen.

No. There has to be a teenager in the room watching it, or it sucks about like you'd expect. Those're the rules. Sorry.