Page 121 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1721

Thread: Jess Franco Blu-ray

not to rain on the parade, but Kino doesn't do a great job on their blu rays, and the Mondo Macabro DVD of Diabolical Dr. Z is pretty great quality, I will definitely wait for the reviews, to see that the Kino blu ray is an improvement over the DVD. I hope it's a step up but just going to be on the safe side and not preorder, especially after their last Franco release that was missing 5 minutes of the film.

Given the MM was PAL-NTSC from memory, this should be an improvement...but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    From Kino's FB page - coming soon through Redemption with a commentary from Tim Lucas.

"Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
    Brand New HD Restoration!

The Diabolical Dr. Z (1966) Starring Estella Blain, Mabel Karr and Howard Vernon - Shot by Alejandro Ulloa (The Mercenry, Horror Express) - Music by Daniel White (The Blood of Fu Manchu, Incubus) - Adaptation and Dialogue by Jean-Claude Carrière (Belle de Jour, The Unbearable Lightness of Being) - Directed by Jess Franco (Succubus, She Killed in Ecstasy)."
    Great news one of my favorite Franco's!

Rumblings here that Blue Underground has cancelled the Fu Manchu Blu-ray and are looking into doing a giant Franco boxed set instead.

These are JUST rumors right now though. Nothing posted to back this up so far as I know.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....115674&page=94
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

yeah my order for the fu Manchu blu ray was cancelled by amazon I hope it still gets released, but a Franco boxset would be good too, but I hope they don't include films they've already released in it, that'd be lame, they should try to release some new Franco stuff that isn't out on blu ray or DVD already.

Regarding the X Rated release of Endless Night,

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    Apparently it's not strictly Countess Perverse but it's the Sexy Nature cut that's the second feature, but X-rated wont commit to saying what the third film is, nor will they specify which films have the English option that is specified on the box. The third film is dvd.
    The bonus dvd (at least on one of the versions) is

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080061/?ref_=ttrel_rel_tt

so not even Franco at all (despite them saying it was). Could be the other cover has a different film.

Going to pass on this. My MM of Countess Perverse is on its way.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    Regarding the X Rated release of Endless Night,

The bonus dvd (at least on one of the versions) is

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080061/?ref_=ttrel_rel_tt

so not even Franco at all (despite them saying it was). Could be the other cover has a different film.

Going to pass on this. My MM of Countess Perverse is on its way.
    Well that's interesting considering Andreas Bethman (who owns X-rated I believe) is a huge Franco fan. You would think he would know, unless of course he has set out to deceive, and I think that's unlikely.

Yes, I have Bethman's Jess Franco Chronicles book. Seem to recall there are a few films in there misidentified as Francos.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Rumblings here that Blue Underground has cancelled the Fu Manchu Blu-ray and are looking into doing a giant Franco boxed set instead.

These are JUST rumors right now though. Nothing posted to back this up so far as I know.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....115674&page=94
    I think that they were just joking around, although I would buy a Franco boxset!

BU's 3 disc versions of "Justine" and "Eugenie... Her Journey..." seem to be already out of print. So maybe really a Franco box set or they do single disc releases on these two...

In Germany we seem to finally get "Dracula vs. Frankenstein" in the correct ratio in blu: http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-fi...e-blu-ray-disc

No word if English friendly yet...