Page 71 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Jess Franco Blu-ray

From Severin's FB page:

"Franco fans may be pleased to know that we shot in-depth interviews with Uncle Jess for both VAMPYROS LESBOS and SHE KILLED IN ECSTASY a couple of years back. These feisty new featurettes will be included on our upcoming Blu-ray releases."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Great news, most of their Franco interview segments have been golden.
    Wonderful they got some more chats in the cans for future releases.

I wish Severin would give us some more Golden Film Production era Franco. It might not be everyone's taste but for me it's the last gasp of consistently good Franco.

I think they probably would if they could, but I think a lot of the 80's era Franco are owned by one particular person who is hard to deal with, probably asking for way too much money for BD rights.

What does my head in is that there are unreleased Franco that we know have been secured, but for what seems like financial reasons destined to remain unreleased on blu-ray, or in the case of two (Crazy nuns and the naked version of rites of Frankenstein) destined not to get a release on any form of physical media.
    Last edited by Lalala76; 11-06-2014 at 02:51 PM.

There are also 70's gems such as Kiss me Killer, Tender and perverse emanuelle, Sexy erotic job, Juliette '69 , Dracula prisoner of Frankenstein, Les emmerdeuses and Les gloutonnes etc still crying out for a release
    Last edited by Lalala76; 11-05-2014 at 07:00 AM.

wouldn't it be much wiser to tackle the "harry alan towers period" first?

eugenie, justine, venus in furs, 99 women, count dracula on blu ... who doesn't want to see this happen?!

Quote Originally Posted by killer must kill again View Post
    wouldn't it be much wiser to tackle the "harry alan towers period" first?

eugenie, justine, venus in furs, 99 women, count dracula on blu ... who doesn't want to see this happen?!
    Yes but these have already had several dvd releases over the years. I would rather see titles that haven't even made it to dvd yet. Even though the more Franco the better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    Yes but these have already had several dvd releases over the years. I would rather see titles that haven't even made it to dvd yet. Even though the more Franco the better imo.
    I think "killer" was talking about the potential sales, as most of the so far released Franco BDs seem to have dissapointed when I'm reading between the lines of what we heard from Redemption and Ascot.

I guess the Towers titles (besides COUNT DRACULA) are still with Blue Underground and I must say I'm really surprised that they haven't done some in blu so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    Couldn't have said it better.

Does anybody know what's the matter with Redemption/Kino? Not just they have only released one title (THE DEMONS) of their big Franco/De Nesle package so far, but they haven't released anything at all for almost six months now and no announcements either, or have I missed something...?